Dolphin Observation in Vonitsa, Greece

Contact me by sending an email to dolphinobserver @ gmail.com, delete the spaces when composing an email.

Saturday, June 10, 2006

It's Greek to me!

This computer is (surprise!) all in Greek. We are in Vonitsa taking our time to connect with our Earthwatch group. We deserve an easy day after a 2 hour flight and a 6 hour bus ride. Fortunately, the town is very small and there isn't much to do. The people do not even take the keys from their scooter when the go into a cafe! Bicycles are sitting outside with no lock or chain. It is a very safe place. Things are changing in the United States. In the small town where my grandma lived people no longer leave their keys in their car or their door unlocked and there isn't a stoplight in that town.

The weather here is a little chilly. I have never worn shorts, which is bad, because I do not have enough clothes. We will have to go to a dry cleaner because there are no laundry mats. We are running out of cash, because the hotel or restaurants don't even except credit cards.

I keep for getting to mention the time it's 9:55 pm here and 1:55 pm here. I should remember to post that for my students. I read one of my old posts and I know I have a couple of grammar and spelling problems. Since it costs a minimum of $1.55 per hour (2 Euro) I will not edit from here. If you spot my errors let me know and you will win a prize. We will see who is actually reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home